Thursday, November 3, 2011

Stake Conference and a little finch

At least a month before Stake Conference the Stake Relief Society President asked me if I'd do the flowers for Stake Conference.  I told her I'd be happy to!

Then my musical number turned into a solo. 

And my heart stopped beating.

Then it started again.

I wondered what I should do about the flowers.  I thought about calling back and telling them to go to Plan B, but in the end I decided that having the flowers to do would be a good thing for my last-minute jitters. 

After Stake Conference is over they always take the flowers around to people in the Stake for them to enjoy.

Imagine my surprise Sunday afternoon when the Stake President and Second Counselor showed up at my door with the flowers.  They said they felt funny giving me back something I had made, so they made a little addition to it.


You see, our 2nd Counselors last name is Fitch.  Apparently a lot of people mistakenly pronounce it "Finch".  President Fitch was teasing the man conducting that if he (President Fitch) said "Finch" to him before he went up, that he would call him "President Finch" over the pulpit.  

President Fitch brought this little finch to the meeting and right before the man conducting went up, President Fitch tried to pass the little finch pictured above over to him.  He tried not to even look at it so he wouldn't make a mistake.

Boys will be boys, I guess.  

So they tucked the little finch into my flowers (isn't it cute to think of 2 men who don't have the first clue about flowers trying to fix-up an arrangement for someone?) and thanked me and my family for our contributions to this Stake Conference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment