Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Love Lucy

Recently I was asked to do an arrangement for a little one-year-old angel named Lucy.  Her mother loves owls, so we decided an owl-themed arrangement would be appropriate.

There are several choices when it comes to easle arrangements.  In the end we went with a solid heart-shaped oasis.  After soaking the oasis is preservative water, I was here...


Then I started adding flowers and greenery.  The customer wanted bright pink and bright green.  I emphasized the pink by doing a sash of bright pink roses.


I added in more of the green roses and the white lilies.



The finishing touch was an owl and love note.  When the client came to pick it up I was lamenting to her that they didn't have a girl-colored owl.  She suggested adding a bow and had left-over ribbon from something else the family had done.  (Definitely one of those, "Why didn't I think of that?" moments!")  I had recommended the card message and she loved it. 



All in all I think it turned out cute and (as always) hoped it gave the family some comfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment