Friday, October 30, 2009

Spanish Vinyard Wedding

One of the best ways to make your wedding your own is to have a central theme. What is something that describes who you are, as individuals and as a couple, that you could use as a theme for your wedding? This couple, who met in Spain, selected "Spanish Vinyard" as their theme. Everything about their wedding - including their flowers - reflected their theme.


The tables were beautiful! Black lanterns were surrounded with fresh flowers and grapes.


Another great way to personalize your wedding is to have it at a location that is special to you.
The Brides' family estate was the perfect location for their wedding.
Hanging baskets filled with their flowers and both sugar-coated and plain grapes
were placed throughout the yard.


Small bundles of flowers and grapes were hung throughout the trees
to add more color to their late Fall wedding.


My two favorite pieces to build for this wedding were the brides' bouquet and the cake.
The bride gave me free reign on both items to do whatever I thought was best.

When a bride is deciding the shape of her bouquet, her number one consideration should be her body shape. A very close second consideration should be her dress. If your dress is very elaborate, you would want a small, simple bouquet. But if your dress is simply elegant, as was this one, it can support an elaborate bouquet.


Shades of wine, purple, and green were the palette for this wedding.
The bouquet included them all. Sumatra Lilies, Lavonda Roses, Green Hypericum Berries, Stargazer Lilies, Black Bacara Roses, Purple Lisianthus, and faux grapes
filled this long, cascading bouquet.

Then finally the cake. In light of their theme, a basket-weave pattern was the perfect selection for the icing. The cake and table were covered with all of their flowers and colors.
The final touch was a traditional Canrian Knife, a gift from a Spanish Native,
that was used in their cake-cutting ceremony.


Everything you can do to personalize your wedding will not only make it more meaningful to you, but it will be something special to all of your guests. It will be memorable to everyone
because it wasn't a standard, cookie-cutter wedding.
This Spanish Vinyard wedding is a perfect example of that.



1 comment:

  1. I think that as a bride you picture the feeling that you want your wedding to have. I don't know a whole lot about flowers but I did know that I had seen Paige's previous work and I was absolutely more than impressed. I just want to point out that the brilliance that you see from these wedding flowers in the "Spanish Vineyard Wedding" was ALL Paige!! I described the theme to her, gave her some color swatches that I'd picked up at Home Depot, described the feel of the wedding and a rough idea of where I wanted the flowers, gave her a budget, and let her ROLL!! I picked none of the flowers really, I just had told her I would like to use lilies because they were my favorite. I didn't pick the shape of my bouquet, nor could I even imagine a beautiful creation like that in my mind even if I HAD picked it. She had a few questions for me along the way, if I preferred this or that...I just gave the reins to her, and trusted in her abilities, and it turned out WAY BETTER than I ever thought possible. But that's what Paige does as a professional!! She came up with ideas and innovative designs that my little mind could have never wrapped itself around. It made for absolutely no stress when it came to the flowers. She did it all and everything was exceptional! If you choose Paige to do your flowers for any of your events, my recommendation is to give her a rough idea and feel you are going for, and then don't think about the flowers for one more second. When Paige comes to deliver her creations, you WON'T be disappointed. Thank you Paige for making my wedding better and more beautiful than I could ever have imagined!

    ReplyDelete